The future of e-commerce needs not only to be social but also authentic. Discovering new products and brands digitally needs to be as human as genuine word-of-mouth recommendations. At Tailorie we are building a solution that accomplishes just that — we are focused on connecting rather than selling – tailored introductions rather than targeted ads. We empower consumers to add their human voice to big data while providing brands the tools to truly understand them. Our innovative solution levels the playing field in digital advertising and data analytics for emerging businesses and guides consumers to discover brands and products that are uniquely relevant to what and who is important to them…according to them.
Who you are:
You have a creative, resourceful, and solution-driven mindset – which drives your ability to proactively anticipate and identify issues, establish a plan to solve, and rapidly implement the solution.
You are a strong communicator and can express ideas clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
You work well in a team environment, are comfortable coordinating engineers and collaborating with other development roles; e.g. front-end and native app developers.
You have experience rapidly scaling a product through iterative development.
You are a self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a willingness to do what needs to be done for the success of the team.
You find a way to get things done, when you say they’ll be done.
You embrace your quirks and all the things that make you, you.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll spend a majority of your time writing code.
You’ll own the technical assets and development of our core platform, the backend of our web application and be comfortable giving technical input on the development of our native mobile apps (ios/android).
You’ll ensure our code base is high performing, well-maintained, and documented.
You’ll help set objectives and goals for you and the team, do occasional code reviews and ensure the team moves quickly and builds consistent, scalable, and cost-effective solutions leading by example.
You’ll bring a technical voice to the product team and collaborate on product strategy and roadmapping. You’ll contribute recommendations on technical feasibility, engineering timelines, development standards, and technical product direction.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 5+ years working as a back-end engineer, with at least 2+ years in a senior role.
- Professional experience in: Python, Django, PostgreSQL & AWS.
- Experience building customer-facing software and supporting backend APIs
- An understanding of algorithms and recommendation engines
- Experience building, deploying, and scaling on cloud architecture
- An enthusiasm and endurance that allows you to excel in an early-stage company culture.
Bonus points for:
- Experience at a “mobile-first” consumer company
- Early stage startup experience and growing a team
- Experience working within a remote team
- We’re insatiably curious, we love to learn new things, we’re constantly asking questions, and we view challenges as opportunities.
- We’re not just here for a job. Our team members are genuinely interested in contributing to building out the company, culture, and processes together.
- We communicate openly and honestly and are driven by feedback and collaboration.
- We are 100% remote.
- We move incredibly fast.
- We are resilient, focused, optimistic, and kind humans.